For Immediate Release: A COLLABORATION BETWEEN 2 LEGENDARY GRAFFITI ARTISTS & A PHOTOGRAPHER.
VFRESH X KEO X BRIAN KAVANAGH Present N.Y.C – NOT YOUR CITY” AN ART EXHIBIT & SILENT ACTION. February 23rd from 7-10pm VFRESH IS FROM THE CENTRAL REGION OF NEW YORK CITY VFRESH IS WELL KNOWN AMOUNG THE NEW YORK CITY ARTIST COMMUNITY FOR BEING IN A CLASS OF STATE OF THE ART.VFRESH HAS RECEIVED NEW YORK TIMES CRITIC ACLAIM FOR (INDUSTRAIL GRADE) ART DECO INAVATION VFRESH IS CURRENTLY RELEASING CONTEMPARY PAINTINGS FROM THE “ VICTORY LAP LETOUR” COLLECTION. GOD BLESS AMERICA…
KEO TOP TC-5 X-MEN a.k.a. SCOTCH79 is a bona-fide Brooklyn legend in the realm of NYC graffiti and hip hop. KEO came of age in the Brooklyn of the 1970’s and learned his craft in the tunnels and yards of the MTA’s subway system. With an “old school” aesthetic he continues to ingrain his charismatic signature into the tapestry of urban art & pop culture. While also redefining classic graffiti styles into fresh new work through his fine art and design outlets.
Brian Kavanagh, a native of New Jersey developed his passion for the lens photographing local skateboarders in the mid 90’s. As a life long fan of Hip Hop music and culture he began expanding his subject matter to include graffiti and live shows during the early 2000’s. After leaving the area and spending several years in Vermont documenting prominent Vermont based DJ’s and developing an eye for more landscape based photography, Brian returned to Northern New Jersey with a renewed perspective and motivation to document the city and culture he grew up around. In the past several years he has diligently photographed New York City capturing the essence of its residents and architecture. His primary focus now is live Hip Hop music shooting several shows a month of well-respected artists while he continues to collaborate, experiment and grow as a photographer.
Cormega, Coat of Arms, 40 Oz Van NYC and Chevon (of Hapnin.com) have teamed up to give back. And you.. you sexy thang… you can help!
The Coat Drive for HousingWorks.org works like this:
1) Start getting your coats, hoodies and other warm outerwear ready TODAY. Look around the house or collect some from your friends. They need ALLLLL sizes!
2) This is the drop-off address.. so write it down! COAT OF ARMS 43 Clinton St # 2 New York, NY 10002-2416 (212) 673-7060 coatofarmsnyc.com
3) Because we love you and want you to drop off as much as you can.. you have from Wednesday FEBRUARY 16th through Wendesday February 23rd to drop off warm outerwear at Coat of Arms!
4) Bloggers, Reporters, Photographers, Artists, Fashionistas, and music lovers … feel free to help us celebrate the last day of the drop-offs by showing up at Coat of Arms on February 23rd from 7-10pm! While you help us with our last Push, the store will have Mr. Walt, Crazy DJ Bazarro, and DJ Cred on the wheels, Food from Lil’ Frankies Pizza and more.
BUT IT DOESN’T END THERE..
5) EVERYONE who made it their business to drop off warm outerwear between Feb 16th and Feb 23rd will get a free pass to our late-night Wrap Party. There will be a live band with performances from top artists.
6) Yeah, I said it WRAP PARTY. It will be on the lower east side alll night long AFTER we close down the final hours of Donations at Coat of Arms. So hold on to your ticket.
7) Didn’t get to Donate a coat during the week? Couldn’t find warm outerwear to Give? Don’t worry man we GOT you- Tickets for the Wrap Party (on the flyer above) are only $15 bucks and a portion of that goes directly to HousingWorks.org. ; NOW, TELL ME WE DIDN’T GIVE YOU MAD LEEWAY TO MAKE A DONATION;o)
I thought this was interesting: the cataloging of street art. The new Street Art View project lets you tour the street art of the world as captured in Google Maps. The site lets users contribute instances of Street View street art they might happen upon themselves.